Leslie Russek, PT, DPT, PhD, OCS
Professor Emeritus, Department of Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy Department
Although I am semi-retired from Clarkson, I continue to work on original and translational research and scholarship of application
- Clinical interests include Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder (HSD, aka hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome or hEDS), headaches, fibromyalgia, and chronic pain
- Clinical practice through St. Lawrence Health System Physical Rehabilitation
- Research interests include HSD, fibromyalgia and headaches
- Non-academic interests include Aikido, a non-aggressive Japanese martial art
- Article published in Aikido Today Magazine, June, 2004, vol #94: Aikido and the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Physical Therapy license active in New York State since 1997, active in Maryland 1991-1997
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist, APTA, since 1997, valid until 2027
- DPT in Physical Therapy, Simmons College, 2006
- BS in Physical Therapy, University of Vermont, 1991
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 1987
- BA in Applied Mathematics, Harvard University, 1983
- Russek LN, Block NP, Byrne E, Chalela S, Chan C, Comerford M, Frost N, Hennessey S, McCarthy A, Nicholson LL, Parry J, Simmonds J, Stott PJ, Thomas L, Treleaven J, Wagner W and Hakim A (2023) Presentation and physical therapy management of upper cervical instability in patients with symptomatic generalized joint hypermobility: International expert consensus recommendations. Front. Med. 9:1072764. doi: 10.3389/fmed.2022.1072764
- Russek LN, Stott P, Simmonds J. Recognizing and Effectively Managing Hypermobility-Related Conditions. Phys Ther. 2019;99(9):1189-2000.
- Russek LN. Is it really fibromyalgia? Recognizing mast cell activation, orthostatic tachycardia, and hypermobility. Orthopaedic Practice. 2018;30(3):187-93.
- Engelbert RHH, Juul-Kristensen B, Pacey V, De Wandele I, Smeenk S, Woinarosky N, et al. The Evidence-based rationale for physical therapy treatment of children, adolescents and adults diagnosed with joint hypermobility syndrome/hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2017;175(1):158-67.
- North Country Aikido Club at Clarkson
- Clarkson University
- Clarkson University Department of Physical Therapy
- Hypermobile EDS: hypermobility.org and ehlers-danlos.com
If you have comments or suggestions, email me at email@example.com